PAWS Volunteers must:
- Be at least 16 years old (volunteers under 16 must have an adult, 18 years or older, present)
- Wear the light blue PAWS VOLUNTEER t-shirt while volunteering at the shelter or events
- Wear closed-toed shoes
- Wear long pants, or shorts that reach the knee
- Be able to bend, crouch, stand or (in some instances) be on their feet for up to two hours
- Be able and willing to take direction from our Volunteer Coordinator or PAWS staff member
- Love animals!
Volunteers who do not meet these requirements may be asked to leave.
* In the past, volunteers and community service workers younger than 16 have been approved to volunteer at the shelter unaccompanied by a parent or guardian, provided they could follow direction of our staff. As of 7/1/2013, any child under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied and supervised by their parent or legal guardian (sibling, family member, friend or neighbor who is 18 or older, and approved by the parent). The parent or guardian is not required to do work while at PAWS, but must be on the premises at all times in the event that an issue arises. Please understand that this is for the safety and well-being of the minor child, as well as, the animals.
For more information on volunteering, please contact PAWS at (504)392-1601, or email our event coordinator at Jordan@paws4life.org